Sapin Sapin is a popular traditional Filipino rice cake or kakanin. It’s a layered of multi-colored glutinous rice and top with Latik or budbud. This native Filipino dessert or snack is made from glutinous rice flour (malagkit), coconut milk, sugar and use food color to create a multi-colored layer of rice cake. Each layer is cook by steaming resulting to a soft and chewy rice cake (sapin-sapin).
PRICES OF INGREDIENTS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Please subscribe to my channel
Please don’t forget to like and share!
Previous cooking video: “No bake Black Forest Cake”
Follow us on social media:
1 ¾ cup glutinous rice flour
½ cup rice flour
2 cup coconut milk
¾ cup white sugar
1 big can(300ml) condensed milk
Coconut oil for greasing
1 ½ cup dessicated coconut
3 tbsp brown sugar
Note: If you want “Latik” as your topping, please click link above on the description box.
1. In a bowl combine glutinous rice flour (malagkit), rice flour and sugar. Mix
2. Add coconut milk and condensed milk. Mix until well combined.
3. Divide mixture into 4 portions about 1 ½ cup for each bowl. Use measuring cup to divide mixture equally so we can achieved evenly colored rice cake.
4. For each portion of the mixture use liquid food color (violet, yellow and red) leave one mixture as is don’t put food color on it, that will be the white part of the rice cake.
5. Grease pan or mold with coconut oil.
6. First layer pour violet mixture into the greased pan.
7. Put pan into the steamer. Put steamer over boiling water.
8. Cover with lid wrap in cheese cloth or any cotton cloth (you can also use aluminum foil to cover the pan) to prevent water dripping to the sapin-sapin.
9. Steam for 10 minutes over high heat.
10. Second layer, pour white mixture. Steam for 5 minutes.
11. Third layer, pour yellow mixture. Steam for 5 minutes.
12. Fourth layer (last layer) pour red mixture, steam for 5 minutes.
13. Turn off the heat and remove from the steamer. Let it cool before unmolding from the pan.
14. Grease the plate and the knife with coconut oil that will be using to remove sapin-sapin from the pan.
15. Grease also the top of sapin-sapin so it won’t stick when we unmold it. Since the yellow part will be the bottom.
16. Carefully run the knife on the sides of the sapin-sapin and then put the greased plate on top of the pan and turn it upside down. Carefully release the sapin-sapin from the pan to the greased plate.
17. Grease with coconut oil the top part (violet sapin-sapin) and the sides of sapin-sapin so it won’t be sticky when you slice it.
1. Cook dessicated coconut in a pan and cook until slightly brown in color. Let it cool.
2. Once it cooled add brown sugar and mix until well combined.
3. Put budbud on top of sapin-sapin and it’s ready to serve.
SAPIN-SAPIN PRICES OF INGREDIENTS
1 ¾ cup glutinous rice flour __________________________________P15.00
½ cup rice flour ___________________________________________ P 8.00
2 cup coconut milk (1 niyog) _________________________________P 30.00
¾ cup white sugar _________________________________________P 8.00
1 big can(300ml) condensed milk _____________________________P30.00
Red liquid food color _____________________________________ P27.50/bottle
Yellow liquid food color ___________________________________P27.50/bottle
Violet liquid food color ___________________________________ P27.50/bottle
1 ½ cup dessicated coconut _________________________________P26.00/per pack
3 tbsp brown sugar ________________________________________P 3.00
THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPONSORED
Camera I am using is Canon Ixus 132
Editing software: Movie Maker
PLEASE WATCH MY OTHER COOKING VIDEOS:
Patok Na Negosyo Recipes | Street Food
Desserts And Sweet Recipes
No Bake Desserts | Ice Box Cake Recipes
Ice Candy Recipe
Samalamig | Summer Drinks
Toaster Oven Series
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- lắc thay đổi di chuyển icon và các ứng dụng trên iphone l tweak ios 13
- Hướng dẫn sắp xếp dữ liệu theo hàng hoặc theo cột trong excel
- Định dạng có điều kiện trong excel | Tô màu làm nổi bật ô tính | Conditional Formatting
- [Thủ thuật máy tính] Hướng dẫn quản lý file và thư mục Hiệu Quả Siêu Nhanh
- Hướng dẫn soạn thảo văn bản theo Nghị định 30/2020/NĐ-CP của Chính phủ ngày 05/3/2020